Information for swapping down my fuel dryer myself

Information for swapping down my fuel dryer myself

My (instead old) washer blew through to me personally a weeks that are few (evidently this has been unbalanced for a time. Included the destination and I also never thought an excessive amount of the vibration until it had been far too late.) and am getting a brandname set that is new on my brand brand new set (Washer HERE, petrol Dryer HERE) from Sears on Thursday.

They wanted about $80 plus parts to set up them (I forget if it absolutely was each or even for both) and I also declined having simply disconnected every thing myself, we figured it might be easy sufficient to create this new people. I’m maybe perhaps not especially handy but I am at about replace-my-own-ceiling-fan, remove-and-reinstall-my-own-garbage-disposal level.

I am maybe maybe not overly worried about the washer, but I became reviewing the manual for the dryer online and it’s me only a little stressed. It discusses having to purge the gasoline type of atmosphere twice, utilizing teflon tape (i did not see any proof of that on the old install), etc.

Thus I wanted to pose issue- is this something which somebody within my degree are designed for myself or is there enough gotchas that i will cough the money up?

EDIT: we succeeded today thanks in big component towards the solution here- many thanks.

I finished up buying ‘yellow’ gas-approved teflon tape and a fresh gas that is flexible (become safe. It absolutely was $30 though!). And a new dryer vent hose (also pricey) since evidently I needed a steel one while the existing one had been foil.

It had been about as simple as We hoped.

  1. We connected the (new) exhaust vent hose utilizing the stress coupling rings ( not yes appropriate term) that included it on both edges- wall surface and appliance. The manual demanded not to ever make use of foil vent, so we utilized a steel one. (regrettably, probably the most flexible metal one we found pushes the dryer down too much through the wall surface for my needs- i cannot shut the doorway to my washing cabinet now. Topic of another post i assume. I will decide to try a « periscope » dryer vent.)
  2. We connected the gas that is new into the valve regarding the wall surface, utilizing a layer of yellow teflon tape on the threads (even though the Residence Depot man appeared to think I would just want it from the appliance part)
  3. I connected among the couplings that are removable the gasoline line towards the back regarding the dryer (again, utilized tape despite the fact that perhaps not necessary)
  4. Fired up the fuel for a minute to purge the line
  5. Loosely threaded the gasoline line into this coupling, additionally utilizing tape as suggested; purged once again
  6. Tightened with a (newly bought) pipeline wrench.
  7. Switched on the fuel and listened & smelled for fuel at both connections – odorless and silen 🙂

Took maybe half an hour, the majority of that time ended up being spent wrestling the stress couplings and hoping to get the threads to take- was attempting dating site for farmers free to be extremely mild.

Dryer began appropriate up no dilemmas also it (and then we!) survived two test lots.

Therefore, went well, it was found by me not too difficult and would do it again. Thank you for assisting me build my skillset!

(Adding the photo that is requested although it’s a little belated. Note that we covered the hard-gas-line’s opening with painter’s tape and stuck it on/around the valve which means you can not notice it, but it is here. Desired to protect it from most of the dust and lint going swimming down there.)